DALI ZENSOR 5 AX Active Hi Fi Bluetooth Floorstanding [ Hi-Fi Speaker ] with 1 Year Malaysia Warranty
The ZENSOR 5 AX is based on the technology of the ZENSOR 5. They share the same passive crossover, which is paramount for getting the characteristic ZENSOR sound quality. The build-in amplifier is integrated in the left speaker, while the right speaker is a passive ZENSOR 5 speaker.
Imagine a world where music just flows, where all you needed was a set of loudspeakers. No complex electronics, no unwanted cables, no jumble of remote controls, nothing but pure uncomplicated enjoyment.
DALI ZENSOR AX series set you free from the electronics traditionally associated with a high quality audio experience. Both the stand mount and the floor standing model come complete with all you need. They require nothing extra, just connect the mains and you are ready to play.
The build in 2 x 50W stereo all digital amplifier delivers the audio signal to both loudspeakers and is designed to bring out the best from its ZENSOR host regardless of the signal type. You can use Bluetooth and Apt-X if your device supports it, you can connect an analogue source with a mini-jack or an optical via TOSLink.Place the ZENSOR 5 AX just where you would a traditional floor standing speaker and start playing music via Bluetooth. Connect your TV via the optical input or any type of traditional audio player via the analogue input.
The ZENSOR AX series has all of the virtues of a traditional stereo system with none of the down sides.
- HI-FI quality audio without the hassle of bulky electronics
- Classic DALI trademarks – Wood Fibre cones and large Soft Dome tweeter
- 2 x 50 Watts fully digital amplifier
- Bluetooth (Apt-X), Optical and Analogue inputs
- Subwoofer output
DALI ZENSOR 5 AX SPECS
|Frequency Range (+/-3 dB) [Hz]||43 – 26,500|
|Maximum SPL [dB]||106|
|Crossover Frequency [Hz]||2,400 Hz|
|High frequency driver, Quantity||1 x 25 mm|
|High frequency driver, Diaphragm type||Soft Textile Dome|
|Low frequency driver, Quantity||2 x 5.25″|
|Low frequency driver, Diaphragm type||Wood Fibre Cone|
|Enclosure type||Bass Reflex|
|Amplifier Type||Fully digital class D (Open loop type)|
|Input Impedance [ohms]||12.6k|
|Connection Input||3.5 mm Mini Jack
|Connection Output||SUB Out|
|Wireless Input(s)||Bluetooth™ Apt-X|
|Max. Digital Resolution [bits/KHz]||24 / 96|
|Recommended Distance From Wall [cm]||20 – 80|
|Max. Power Consumption [W]||160W|
|Standby Power Consumption [W]||<0.5W|
|Dimensions With Base (HxWxD) [mm]||825 x 162 x 282|
Speaker Wire (For Right Speaker)
|Analogue Input Sensitivity [mV]||300|
|Continous IEC Amplifier Output [RMS watt]||2 x 50W|
|Input Mains Voltage [Volts]||Universal mains 100 – 240V|
- Driving the ZENSOR AX series is a fully digital Class-D 2 x 50 Watts amplifier.
- Making full use of the purely digital signal path, the Optical input reads any TOSLink signal with a sampling rate between 32 – 176.4 KHz at a bit rate from 16 to 24 bit. The Optical signal is passed to the DSP and then onwards to the amplifier.
- Both the analogue signal and the signal from the Bluetooth interface is passed through the A/D converter and converted from its analogue state into a 24 bit 96 KHz digital signal. Sampling the analogue signal from the Bluetooth receiver helps make any noise more random and way more musical. This together with the high quality Apt-X compression format supported by the
- ZENSOR AX helps keep the Bluetooth audio signal at the best possible quality level. Once the signal has passed through the A/D converter, it is then passed onto the DSP.
- DALI believes in a hands-off approach to the audio signal and therefore no equalisation is performed on the signal by the DSP. The main function of the DSP is to handle non-clipping controlling, thereby keeping the signal clear and powerful at any frequency.
- The amplifier receives a PWM signal at 384 KHz from the DSP, which is then digitally amplified by the 50 Watts RMS Open Loop amplifier. The amplified signal is then received by the passive crossover that distributes the signal to the drivers.
- Feeding every component in the amplifier is the auto sensing switch mode power supply, which is capable of working from 100V to 240V.
With a clear heritage from our high end series, the lightweight dome tweeter in the ZENSOR 5 AX offers best in class resolution. It features timing due to the position of the tweeter, minimised compression and increased power handling, thanks to the vented voice coil former. The damping material under the dome minimises reflections from the pole piece.
Both 5.25 inch woofers in the ZENSOR 5 AX feature 4-layer voice coils for maximum control of the wood fibre cone. The low loss construction is ensured by a rigid metal basket and meticulously optimised cone. The result is bass authority, well-controlled reproduction of micro-detail and great transient capabilities.
- CNC machined MDF board, dressed in a top-of-the-class laminate forms the framework of the speaker. In addition, the floor-standing models feature strong internal bracing to reduce structural resonances.
- In order to optimise timing, the ZENSOR 5 AX is fitted with acoustic damping material internally along the sides, top and bottom – but not on the rear side of the front baffle as this creates a more direct contact between woofer and bass port. The audible result is a more precise bass and increased ‘attack’ in the midrange.
- The elegant aluminium base elevates the floor-standing models.
FULLY DIGITAL AMPLIFIER
The DALI ZENSOR AX has a build-in 2 x 50W stereo all digital class D amplifier that delivers the audio signal to both loudspeakers and is designed to bring out the best from its passive ZENSOR host regardless of the signal type.
Easy connectivity through a variaty of sources e.g. Bluetooth and analogue input.
WOOD FIBRE CONES
This mix paper pulp and wood fibre makes the cones stiff and light which ensures that every micro detail in the signal is reproduced unfiltered.
SOFT DOME TWEETER
With a clear heritage from our high-end series, the lightweight dome tweeter offers best in class resolution.